Wednesday Wax: 2020 Panini Absolute Football

 As I've been checking out different card sets, I have felt like, across the board, companies have really stepped up their game. While Mosaic is undeniably a gorgeous product, it seems to be crazy expensive, especially since I can only find it on the secondary market. My LCS seems to have really competitive prices, at least, so I'm not stuck buying overpriced stuff on ebay, but it's still pretty pricy stuff. On my last trip to the LCS, I bought a blaster as well as a fat pack of Panini's Absolute Football (2020). While not as fancy as the Prizm stuff, at a fraction of the price it seemed like a great deal. I've got to say, this is a nice set. The prices were pretty reasonable (I don't remember what I paid, but I feel like the Blaster was $40 or so), and I got some cool cards. So here are my favorite cards from the break: 


There's nothing in here to put my kids through college, but I did get the Burrow RC (RIP Joe's knee), and I'm a Packers fan, so there's A-Rod, Davante, and Za'Darius Smith, who's my favorite packer right now. I also wound up with a Mahomes base, Kupp Green, Antonio Gibson Introductions and Anthony McFarland Jr. Rookie Materials. Some fun stuff. I do like the mix of subsets that I got here...beautiful base cards, some green foils, a few shiny inserts, and a relic card. I think that I have had more fun rifiling through these cards than any in a long time. The art is great, the photography is strong, and there's enough shiny stuff in a pack or box to hold my raccoon-like interest in anything sparkly. All in all a strong set and a really fun rip. 

Comments