Today's Haul: LCS and Walmart

Some days you just need an extended lunch break. For me, today was one of those days. It's sunny out, I've been working from home since March, and my wife and kids are out until sometime later this afternoon. Usually I would head out on a run or a bike ride, but I have been hitting the workouts hard lately, and I just needed a break, so I headed to Tim's Sports Cards about 30 minutes from the house. While my dream would be to spend an hour or more just sorting through all of his absolutely incredible selection on individual cards and memorabilia, I do have a job and thus a finite amount of time, so I hit my favorite spots: the Packers binder, the pack & box wall, and a quick swing through the memorabilia department. Some day I will remember to take pictures, but this place is absolutely crammed to the gills with stuff...some great and some junk. That's the way it goes when you're buying entire collections. So let's start with my favorite thing: Cheap packs! I always toss around the idea of buying something blingy and high dollar like a Mosaic hobby box or a Panini Absolute Gold, but man, I like ripping packs, and there are just too many inexpensive sets with a bunch of cards. Yes, I am going to get fewer hits, but I'm also gonna have more fun opening stuff and enjoying seeing more of my favorite players. So here's the list:

2020 Score Fat Pack, 2020 Donruss Value Pack, 2019 Panini Contenders Value Pack, 2020 Prestige Value Pack, 2020 Panini Illusions Value Pack, and a 2020 Panini Contenders Draft Picks pack. 

Immediately after I left the card shop, my wife texted that we needed bread an milk, so I hit Walmart on the way home and found 6 packs of 2020 Panini Illusions Football in stock, so I bought them all for about $6/pack vs. the $10/pack at the LCS. 


I also snagged some cards that I really liked: 2014 Panini Strata Davante Adams RC ($.75), 2019-20 Panini Prizm Giannis ($2), and three Jordy Nelson cards...2012 Topps Platinum (2), 2012 Panini Absolute, and a 2008 Sage HIT RC ($4). None of these are exactly investment pieces but they're all undeniably cool cards. I'll probably send one of the Topps Platinums out as part of an autograph experiment I'm planning to do soon. 

The card shop stoke is real! Look for some Wax Wednesdays featuring watch of the packs over the next few weeks and months!  

Comments